Friday, August 6, 2010

PRAYERS FOR ADAM, STEVE, ANGIE AND EVE

PRAYER BREAK!

I'm taking a brief detour from the "How Could I Have Known" series. Somehow, I believe these little PRAYER BREAKS will appear on this journey...they certainly are needed.

I type this sniffling and blinking back tears. I was looking for some music on YouTube and I ran across a series of videos regarding the young man in Bridgeport, Connecticut who endured a supposed exorcism sometime last year. My heart went out to the young man when I first saw reports of this. Dealing with my own issues about homosexuality at the time, I couldn't help but wonder all this time "was the boy delivered?" I had been meaning to, but I never did follow up to see if there were updates. Well, I've seen some updates and my heart aches deeply for this young man and so many like him.

Please take a look at the video update from YouTube below. I'm asking that you lift up in prayer this young man (Jeffrey) and the countless thousands out there who are in such deep pain and may be considering suicide. As some of you may have experienced, it's very difficult to acknowledge and reach a place of peace with yourself, let alone share what you're going through with family or friends. I believe many parents and ministry leaders are well-meaning in their attempts to help young people get "deliverance" from homosexuality. However, they don't realize how their words and behavior are adversely impacting these already suffering youth. I say youth, but there are many adults still dealing with the horrible pain that has affected us all at some point in our lives. As adults, you would think we should have acquired better life skills by now--not to mention have a closer walk with God--that gets us through the painful experiences that can be associated with sexual identity. However, that's not the case and my heart goes out to all from the youngest to the oldest.

To all of you who know someone who might be enduring this struggle or if you are a soul embattled, trying desperately to find your way to a place of peace I say BE ENCOURAGED!! There is HOPE!! The love of God through His Son, Jesus, is a balm that can heal wounded hearts, minds, and spirits. Whether it's you who suffers or someone you know, just know that someone is sending up prayers for peace and restoration! Know and believe that God is near and His perfect peace will keep your heart and mind at rest. Philippians 4:7

May God bless all the Jeffreys...Adams, Steves, Angies, and Eves!

Let Love Liberate You!!

1 comment: